Chain Conveyors & Intakes
Chain Conveyors are an essential part of most conveying and storage systems, used for general movement and distribution of bulk materials as well as bulk intake and hopper discharge applications. Being simple and robust in design and easily maintained, they provide low cost, efficient handling equipment with many applications in manufacturing and processing factories. Perry of Oakley Chain Conveyors operate across the world in a wide variety of markets, from grains, feeds and foods to oilseeds, biomass, waste and minerals.
Chain Conveyor configurations and chain types
In general most free flowing and semi-free flowing powders, grains, flakes and pellets can be successfully handled with a chain conveyor. Selection of the conveyor configuration and chain type depends on the material characteristics, throughput and application, although degradation and abrasiveness may also be important. The specifications of the standard range can be tailored to suit:
- brittle, fragile materials
- tough, abrasive materials
- damp or sticky materials
- certain aggressive environments
Gortavoy, Paul and Vincent, Edgewardstown, Southern Milling Cork
Perry of Oakley Chain & Flight Conveyors
- Reception Hopper & Trench Intakes
- Levelling & Travelling Conveyors
- Industrial Chain & Flight Conveyors
- Heavy Duty Agricultural Chain & Flight Conveyors
- Curve Combination Conveyors
- Agricultural Chain & Flight Conveyors
Capacities up to 60 tph based on wheat @ 750kg/m³ suitable for upto 10,000 Tonnes per annum.
- Heavy duty specification. 3mm thick base and 2mm thick sides (thicker options available).
- Perry heavy duty precision roller chain with deep faced flights as standard – ideal for handling cereals, pulses & granular products.
- Reliable V belt drive to shaft mounted gearbox, easy maintenance & built in safety factor to protect gearbox. 90 degree direct drive gear unit as an option.
- Durable galvanised steel construction.
- Dimple style joint for high mechanical strength and good alignment of sections.
- 3 piece trough construction allows base to be thicker than the sides providing a longer life.
- Deep flights mean most conveyors are suitable for inclined applications.
- These conveyors are supplied as standard in modular lengths with loose inlets and outlets to allow faster delivery.
- Inclined conveyors can be used at angles from up to 90 degrees.
- Also with the use of a cable span brace any conveyor can span 12m unsupported.
- Pneumatic or Motorised outlet options.
- Plastic flights on chain (no metal to metal contact)
If you need any help, or further information on how we can help with Chain Conveyors & Intakes, please do not hesitate to drop us a line.